Peppermint | Linux OS Community Forum

It is currently Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Another "Other Distros" Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:20 pm 

mac wrote:
@Rowtag
My comments are "absolutely subjective and non-scientific" and are not given in defense or opposition to your post (please don't take them as such) but, rather, represent my personal experience / opinion. Those who developed / develop Asturix are geniuses, imho, and I humbly concede that their knowledge and understanding of computer science far greater than my own. I judge their work only as an end-user and, as such, have my own likes, dislikes and expectations regarding an OS. I find the Asturix4 default desktop color scheme & theme to be a bit juvenile but, at the same time, I understand that there are many who would like it. To each their own. With LXDE or Fluxbox, I have found it to be a fast & promising OS and if that opinion holds up through the "testing" it may be the OS to replace WattOS on my secondary system. So, I am not knocking Asturix, the developers. Great job, except for the inclusion of Unity, imho.

Quote:
I have not written that Asturix 3 is better than Peppermint OS. I written that Asturix 3 are equally good.

I would not go that far but that's your opinion and, of course, you're entitled to it. So peace, my linux brother, whatever flavor you like.

regards
mac

############
@mac

"So peace, my linux brother".

I wish the same to you "mac".

###############

Off-topic. But still interesting to get an answer

I just watch a documentary on Swedish television from Afghanistan on an American soldier and his comrades in the war. I still can't fokin believe it! I understand nothing about this to sacrifice themselves for the United States for what and who would like to thank you if you survive your mission. I do not understand something about the obsession with guns in the United States.

I find it very difficult to understand the soldier's despair when he was injured and sent home. That the damage was so severe that he could return to his duties as a soldier. He said my life is over. I am a soldier that's the only thing I can and want to do.

To an outsider who does not live in United States, this is difficult to understand.

regards
Rowtag

Post subject: Another "Other Distros" Thread (Dead)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:55 pm 

Forum 5, Topic 4, Item 5
http://peppermintos.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4

In addition to being way off the distro topic, discussion of war, soldiers, missions, etc certainly gets into the political realm. I am locking this portion of the thread and moving to The Dead Zone.

http://peppermintos.net/viewforum.php?f=46
http://peppermintos.net/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1466

Rowtag wrote:
Off-topic. But still interesting to get an answer

I just watch a documentary on Swedish television from Afghanistan on an American soldier and his comrades in the war. I still can't fokin believe it! I understand nothing about this to sacrifice themselves for the United States for what and who would like to thank you if you survive your mission. I do not understand something about the obsession with guns in the United States.

I find it very difficult to understand the soldier's despair when he was injured and sent home. That the damage was so severe that he could return to his duties as a soldier. He said my life is over. I am a soldier that's the only thing I can and want to do.

To an outsider who does not live in United States, this is difficult to understand.

regards
Rowtag

cxexa

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]