The Peppermint Community Forums Code of Conduct
1. Please refrain from the use of racial slurs, sexist comments, and offensive language. Also refrain from bullying or insulting other users. We are all family here so let's treat each other as such.
2. All questions are valid so please feel free to ask; that is what we are here for.
3. Your systems' safety and security are of the utmost importance to us, so we (only the forums' moderators) will be allowed to post code on the forums. This will ensure that all information posted will not harm or compromise your system in any way.
4. Due to the fact that minors will be using the forums we ask that you please not post any images or links to sites that you would not want members of your own family looking at. Remember, we are a family so keep that in mind. This includes but is not limited to gaming/gambling sites, and of course porn.
5. Please remember that this is not a political site and we take no sides on political issues, be it in the real world or as it pertains to the Linux community as a whole. Please refrain from posting topics or links to other websites that are political in nature.
6. We encourage healthy debate and exchanging of ideas but we ask that you please keep it civil, polite, and respectful. Sometimes, on some matters, it is the best policy to "agree to disagree" and move on. Issuing threats or replying to another user in a threatening tone will not be tolerated.
7. It is good to be excited about Peppermint; we sure are! When you tell your friends, family, and other Linux users about Peppermint please remember to take the high road approach if they do not like it. Getting upset or angry because they don't like Peppermint is not going to change their minds to start using Peppermint. It will only drive them away and that is what we don't want.
8. By joining The Peppermint Community Forums you are agreeing to this Code of Conduct.
9. The Code of Conduct may be changed from time to time, so it is important to keep up with it as it changes. We will let you know when changes are made to it.
|Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 12 times in total.