Peppermint | Linux OS Community Forum

It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Underground, A Hacker Novel
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:49 pm 

Some years ago I came across this novel and was fascinated by the story, maybe more so because it was a true story. A group of unrelated kids with under powered computers stringing code hacking into major corporations, not to steal stuff but to prank or browse or learn. The story was amazing. There are probably a number of regulars here that would be interested in this read, maybe have already read the book. It is available for free by the author's web site - http://www.underground-book.net/ - and can be downloaded in a variety of formats (see the Download complete book link on the page). I just noticed, the funny thing is the the researcher for this work was Julian Assange!

Anyway, after I received such great help in getting Peppermint 4 running on my wife's netbook, I thought I'd share this little gem. Reading this book was amazing to me, hopefully someone here will find it as interesting as well.

Great Regards.

John