Peppermint | Linux OS Community Forum

It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Peppermint Inside
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:09 am 

Jay wrote:
SciFiDude,
Cool Pics, Would Look good as a sticker, Except =
It is my understanding, that If you are going to put artwork on a site for " free use " under the GPL,GNU License , It should not contain your company, link, watermark & or Name ,ECT., otherwise it is considered Copyrighted by you as an intellectual property.I only know this because photography is a longtime hobby of mine & I have published a few pics & artwork, both Copyrighted & GPL.
Thanks,
Jay

If anybody actually wanted to use these for anything (specifically, the powers-that-be around here) I'd be happy to provide the original .svg files or .png files without the web address or my name on them. Otherwise, I do that with my art because once it's on the internet, you have no control over what happens to it after that. There aren't that many shady people out there but there are enough that we do have to be careful. I've been doing amateur CGI for about a decade, the last 5 years of which I've been on some 3D forums and I've seen things used without artists' permission. I've had people contact me on my blog or on 3D forums with a link to my stuff on someone's website where I had no knowledge that it was there. Fortunately, due to the fact that I did sign it, everyone knew from where it came. I've even known people who have had their artwork being sold on shirts on E-Bay without their permission. So, I tend to "sign" things before I upload them to the 'net.